Malmagen Parka M
Check Tierra’s size guide
Waterproof insulated parka for all of you who don’t fear the weather. Hearty pockets, fully adjustable hood and no compromises in weather protection and construction. Works in an autumnal and wintry Sweden as well as in a chilly New York City. Fluorocarbon free DWR and partially bio-based lining.
Waterproof and windproof insulated parka
- Waterproof and windproof insulated parka
- Fully adjustable bad-weather-hood with hidden front adjustment
- Double storm flaps secured with magnetic buttons
- Two-way zip opening with chin guard at top of zipper
- Two storage pockets at chest
- Two hand pockets with warming brushed tricot lining
- One internal zipped pocket
- Two internal storage pockets in elastic mesh
- Partially bio-based Polyester lining material
- 100% recycled polyester padding
- PFCec Free DWR
- Bluesign® and Oeko-Tex® approved fabric
Partially bio-based lining
The clothing industry as a whole are using more and more fossil based materials like polyester and nylon. The availability of recycled synthetics is at the same time increasing, which we at Tierra think is good to give the materials a longer life. Still the raw material is not renewable and we have to start thinking of a future with less oil dependency. One option would be to start using only materials deriving from crops and animals, like wool, down, cotton, hemp and tencel. But the synthetics have properties and strengths that are unmatched by natural fibres, for example weight to strength ratio and fast drying. In the development towards a less oil dependent future Tierra have started to work with bio-based synthetics and in this garment the lining is partially bio-based.
PFCec Free DWR from Gore
Since 2014, Tierra have been using fluorocarbon free DWR on all garments except Gore products. Gore has now set ambitious goals on eliminating PFCs of Environmental Concern from the life cycle of its consumer fabrics products by 2023. First out is implementing PFCec Free DWR on all 2-layer materials and Paclite from fall/winter 2018. Of course, we embrace this and simultaneously launch our first PFCec Free Gore products. Learn more about Gore’s PFC goal here.
Main Fabric: 70 denier Gore-Tex® Products 2L, Bluesign® Fabric – Shell 100% Polyamide, Membrane 100% ePTFE, PFCec Free DWR, Filling: Theremore EcoDown – Recycled fibres – 100% Recycled Polyester, 100g/m2 in body and hood, 80g/m2 in sleeves