Belay Jacket W
Check Tierra’s size guide
Versatile, and warm insulation jacket with unique material combinations. The wool padding helps transport the sweat when warm and protects you when your cold. Wear it as it is during early spring and autumn, or as a mid-layer when colder. The jacket is part of our Belay collection, an environmentally conscious and technical collection, made of partially biobased polyester fabrics and 100% renewable wool padding from Lavalan Swedish wool.
Lightweight and technical insulation jacket for the conscious adventurer
- Materials: Swedish Wool, Biobased Polyester
- Weight: 410g
- Sizes: XS-XL
- Activities: mountaineering, everyday wear, trekking, hiking, climbing
- Fully adjustable hood, design to be used both on top and under a helmet or without a helmet
- Two-way opening centre front zip with internal placket
- Two external zipped hand pockets
- Two open internal storage pockets and one zipped internal zipped pocket with double puller for storage
- Elastic cord adjustment in the lower hem
- A hook and loop hidden in the sleeve turn the jacket into a travel pillow
- 100% renewable wool padding from Lavalan Swedish wool
- Partially bio-based fabric
- Oeko-Tex and Bluesign certified fabric
The Belay jacket is a lightweight and technical insulation jacket that will keep you warm on your next adventure, whether it’s on the mountain or in the city. It is guaranteed to be your next best traveling companion. Not only because of its versatile use and lightweight, but also because of a button hidden in the sleeve that turns the jacket into a comfortable travel pillow!
The Belay Jacket has thicker padding than the Belay Sweater.
Our Belay collection is the result of our strive to always be at the forefront of sustainability and technology. With a unique combination of partially biobased polyester fabrics and 100% renewable wool padding, we continue the path we started two years ago with Deterra towards a fossil-free and renewable future.
Lavalan® wool is a technically advanced wool insulation made from 100% natural raw materials. Wool buffers temperature and moisture, providing cozy, comfortable warmth, individually adapted to respective weather conditions and activity levels. (https://www.lavalan.de/)Since wool is thermoregulating it also provides a cooling effect and prevents you from overheating even during high-intensity exercise or unexpected warm weather.
The wool we use for the Belay series- “Lavalan – Swedish wool”, is collected on the Swedish island of Gotland. Until now most wool produced/sheered in Sweden is being regarded as waste and is dug down in the soil. Together with Ullkontoret and Lavalan we find and collect the wool that would otherwise be thrown away, and transform it into highly functional and ecological insulation. The lightweight and ability to regulate temperature make the garments ideal for upbeat adventures in the mountains as well as calmer activities in the city.
Main Fabric and lining:
Partly Biobased Ripstop Weave, 100% Polyester (30% Plant-based), Bluesign and Oeko-Tex Certified with PFC-Free DWR
Padding: Lavalan Swedish wool, 80% Wool, 20% PLA- 90g/sqm in body and 60g/sqm in hood and sleeves.