Back Up Jacket Gen.3 W
Check Tierra’s size guide
Back Up Jacket Gen.3 is a lightweight shell jacket with worked through solutions for ease-of-use. Gore-Tex® Paclite makes the jacket lightweight and optimal to always bring as backup when trekking or bicycling, at the same time as it keeps you dry once the rain comes. Now with PFCec Free DWR.
World’s (probably) best packable shell jacket for trekking
- Materials: Gore-Tex® Paclite
- Sizes: XS-XL
- Weight: 295 gram
- Activities: Trekking, bicycling, bicycle commuting
- Waterproof and windproof
- Lightweight and packable
- Ease-of-use and thought through solutions
- Two big hand pockets, accessible also with backpack on
- Soft touch material and great movability
- Full length two-way front zip
- External placket with safety snap buttons
- Fully adjustable hood with unique brim construction
- Mesh storage bag that also works as mosquito net
- Side ventilation
- Cord adjustment at hem
- Velcro adjustments at sleeve end
- Reflective details for visibility
- PFCec Free DWR
- Bluesign® approved material
With Back Up we wanted to create a rain set specifically developed for trekking. We have combined the best functions from several garments and chose materials optimal for trekking. Our goal was ease-of-use, packability and wind- and waterproofness. The result is Back Up Jacket and Back Up Hybrid Pant. The world’s (probably) best packable rain set that turns out to work as well for trekking as for bicycling.
The touch of the material is soft and the design is made for best fit and movability. Storage bag is included and also works as mosquito net. In this third generation’s Back Up, we have updated the fabric to Gore-Tex® Paclite with new fluorocarbon free DWR (PFCec Free DWR).
Since 2014, Tierra have been using fluorocarbon free DWR on all garments except Gore products. Gore has now set ambitious goals on eliminating PFCs of Environmental Concern from the life cycle of its consumer fabrics products by 2023. First out is implementing PFCec Free DWR on all 2-layer materials and Paclite from fall/winter 2018. Of course, we embrace this and simultaneously launch our first PFCec Free Gore products. Learn more about Gore’s PFC goal here.
Material: Gore-Tex® Paclite PFCec Free DWR
GORE-TEX® 2 Layer products with PFCec Free DWR treatment offer protection against the elements for a wide range of activities and are GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®.